Talend Data Quality Integration
When business rules and data quality rules are specified, reviewed, and agreed upon in Collibra, some of these rules may be implemented against actual systems. A technical steward may take an agreed upon rule and implement a rule, which may be executed against the actual data in applications to check the level of compliance with that rule. In Collibra, it will then be interesting to review results from those checks. For instance, how many data rows passed the rule, how many failed the rule. In some occasions, we may even be able to measure the cost of a rule failing by aggregating transaction amounts, etc. Such results will then be available in Collibra where they can be used in various different contexts e.g. to show the level of quality of a data set, report, data category, etc.
Below are some of the areas where this accelerator may be useful to your organization:
- Enabling business process owners to be involved in the data quality process around the data that they own.
- Facilitating consistent data quality checks across the flow of data and display them in data lineage diagrams, next to data sets, etc.
- Regulatory compliance requirements impose certain rules around setting up controls around the supply chain processes of data. Data quality may be a way to automate some of those controls. Regulations such as BCBS 239, CCAR, COREP, Solvency II, etc.
- Raising awareness around the costs and risks associated with bad data quality.
- Community admins can set up data quality dashboards to measure the level of compliance with relevant business and data quality rules.
- Retrieve metrics from Talend Data Quality Database.
- Retrieve assets from Collibra DGC.
- Match metrics with assets to build Data Quality Metrics.
- Upsert Data Quality Metrics into Collibra DGC.
- Mock data service feature.
- Collibra DGC 5.5.x, Collibra DGC 5.6.x
- Collibra DGC Connector 1.5.1 or later
- Java Runtime Environment 1.8
- Mule ESB 3.8.7
- Anypoint Studio 6.6.1
- Talend Open Studio
- MySQL JDBD driver 5.1.47 or later
- Collibra Catalog or Data Dictionary
- Collibra Connect
- Collibra Policy Manager
- Talend Open Studio
- MySQL Database
No previous versions of this listing is available.