Expleo’s Collibra-Tableau integration ingests the following Tableau metadata into Collibra:
- Site, Project, Tableau Workbook, Tableau Dashboard, Tableau Story and Tableau Worksheets, along with their relations
- In addition, the report attributes of the worksheets are loaded along with their relation to the dimensions (dimensional attributes) and measures
- Relational Data sources (both published and un-unpublished), Excel data sources (only published) are supported i.e. their metadata are loaded into Collibra DGC to provide an end-to-end lineage from the report attribute to its source field/column in the data sources. This metadata is captured from Tableau. The actual metadata of these physical data sources must be separately loaded using Catalog (support currently for Job server) or Expleo’s database integrations
- Support for loading of thumbnails of workbook/dashboard/worksheet/stories
- Ability to integrate with a third-party SQL parser (such as the SQLFlow parser) to provide end-to-end lineage as a custom extension. In case there is no parser integrated, SQL will be attached to the relevant data source connection
- Add-On(Security metadata):
- Support for a load of user and user group mapping with the Tableau Sites
- Support for a load of user roles and permissions for Tableau Projects and Workbooks
For a detailed feature set, refer to the attached datasheet.
The Standard edition of the integration is offered on an annual subscription. An Add-on provides a load of Tableau security metadata into DGC. A free trial subscription is also available.
Browse discussions with customers who also use this app.
Collibra-hosted discussions will connect you to other customers who use this app.
Vendor supported resources
Vendor provides an email-based support for Standard and Advanced license holders.
Please visit https://expleo.freshdesk.com/support/home