High degree of transparency about the processes leading to decisions is essential for trust in AI systems. Transparent and accountable systems are needed so that citizens understand the basis of decisions that impact them and, when things go wrong, effective systems for grievance and remedy are readily available.
If your organization uses Collibra for catalog and data governance, the Signavio integration allows you to enhance data governance by ensuring your business processes are well aligned with your business data domains and data concepts. This document provides an overview of the benefits of the integration, and how to sync data from Collibra to Signavio and back.
The following are the benefits of the integration:
- Enables users in your Signavio business process management solution to gain better understanding of the data consumed and produced by your processes (and the ability to go to Collibra for more details).
- Enables users in Collibra to align data domains and concepts to your business processes so you have a view of how data is used in business processes, and address regulatory and compliance requirements.
- It also provides valuable business context by knowing which assets can be trusted and used as part of other business processes and business decisions, helps measure and understand how data impacts in what way your business initiatives, help prioritize and promote those initiatives across the organization.
The current integration of SAP Signavio with Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud (DIC) provides the following:
- Ability to sync Conceptual Data Layer from Collibra Data Cloud to Dictionary Documents in Signavio.
- Synchronize names, descriptions, and relations between data concepts and business processes into Collibra to enable an analysis of data usage by the different business process across the organization.
This custom integration provides valuable business context by knowing which assets can be trusted and used as part of business processes and business decisions, helps measure and understand how data impacts in what way your business initiatives, help prioritize and promote those initiatives across the organization.
Package includes a jupyter notebook for exploration, a command line interface app you can run and schedule, a streamlit app you can use to demo and explain how things work. The custom integration is available as is. Feel free to take it, adjust it for your specific needs and make it yours.
- SAP Signavio Process Manager 17.8.1
- Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud
- python 3.9.13
License and Usage Requirements
Solely with respect to this integration template, the term “Software,” as defined under the Binary Code License Agreement, shall include the source code version thereof. Except with respect to the foregoing, all remaining terms of the Binary Code License Agreement shall apply to the license of integration template hereunder.