Expleo’s Collibra-Power BI Integration ingests the following Power BI metadata into Collibra:
- Workspace, App, Report, Report Page, Visual container, report attributes, Dataset, Power BI Tables, Power BI Columns, Power BI Measures, Power BI Hierarchy, Power BI Level, Power BI Static Table, Static Column, Filter, Power BI Datasource, Dashboards and Tiles
- The report attributes of the visual containers in report pages are loaded along with their relations with Power BI column and measures
- Relational data sources and Excel data sources are supported. i.e. their metadata are loaded into Collibra DIC to provide an end-to-end lineage from the report attribute to its source field/column in the data sources. This metadata is captured from Power BI. The actual metadata of these physical data sources must be separately loaded using EDGE or Expleo’s database integrations
- Detailed attribute-level metadata extracted from Power BI Dashboards and Reports and lineage enabled to the physical data assets
- Data Sources supported: SSAS Tabular View, relational databases, Flat files / Excel, other ODBC sources, OData feeds
- For Power BI Service, the asset extraction can be filtered based on Workspace, Dashboard and Report
- For Power BI Report server, the asset extraction can be filtered based on Folder and Report
- Support for Power BI Apps – captured as a group of assets such as the reports, dashboards and data sets packaged as part of the App
- Support for custom attributes captured as part of Power BI reports as enhanced metadata
- A flag – “Is Partially Loaded”, added to the assets to denote if the ingested assets’ mandatory characteristics are available or not
- Support for handling renames of Workspaces, Dashboards, Tiles, and Folders assets without their deprecation
- Attributes “Is Hidden”, “IS SQL Attached?” captured for Power BI reports
- Support for Shared datasets on Power BI Service
- SQL Parsing supported using 3rd party tools as a custom extension
- Support for dataset, dataflows and report-filter metadata, creation of Tags using custom attribute mapping
- Support for Sensitivity labels (for reports) and Endorsement attribute (for reports)
- Multiple authentication options for both Power BI service and Report server
- Support for credentials management in Azure Key Vault
- Support for loading report attribute relation to SAP HANA
- Default Expressions are captured.
- End-to-end lineage diagram.
For a detailed feature set, refer to the attached datasheet.
The Standard edition of the integration is offered on an annual subscription. A free trial subscription is also available.
Browse discussions with customers who also use Partner Offerings from the Collibra Marketplace.
Collibra-hosted discussions will connect you to other customers who use this app.
Vendor supported resources
Vendor provides an email-based support for Standard and Advanced license holders.
Please visit https://expleo.freshdesk.com/support/home
|Support for Functional Features
|All listed in Release
|All listed in Release Notes
|Number of deployments allowed
|1 Prod + 1 Non- Prod
|Limit on number of assets loaded
2 hours of virtual sessions for install/config (or) troubleshooting
(Request logged through
Support Portal –
|Support response SLA
|1 business day