The Gitlab-Collibra integration accelerator helps to govern the lifecycle of custom assets from Development to Publishing, Retirement, etc. Though Collibra is typically used for data governance, it is flexible and customizable to support governance of other kinds of assets like API, ML Models, Access policies, etc. This feature can be further used to govern the asset life cycle – e.g., Design, Develop, Deprecate, Publish, Retire. Following are the business and functional challenges that are encountered in governing the development lifecycle of assets:
- Lack of a centralized governance platform to control access to project repositories.
- Logical initiation of development in Collibra must be communicated through external means like e-mail to Development teams.
- Lack of 2-way synchronization and real time updates between Collibra and the git repository.
- Governance team in Collibra not aware of the project development status in the git repository.
- Higher management needs to be aware of the source-code repository details to understand the development status.
- Increased turn-around time between logical initiation of development (in Collibra) and repository creation (in Gitlab).
This accelerator provides a simplified and effective integration between Collibra and Gitlab. Collibra workflows trigger automatically with the repository creation in Gitlab with reduced manual intervention.
Project attributes and structure can be specified in Collibra and a skeleton project with the given template is automatically created in Gitlab. Webhook integration in Gitlab allows 2-way communication between Collibra and Gitlab. Updates to project status in Gitlab (e.g., merge request from feature -> dev, dev -> release branch) automatically triggers approval workflows in Collibra. Efficient usage of Labels feature in Gitlab allows categorization into different phases of development lifecycle (Develop, Publish, Deprecate, Retire, etc.)
Collibra-Gitlab Integration accelerator Features:
- Seamlessly integrates with Gitlab repository.
- Centralized governance of Development life cycle by integrating development initiation (Collibra) with repository creation (Gitlab)
- Enables governance of different lifecycle phases (Develop, Publish, Deprecate, Retire) of assets like API, ML Models.
- Simple integration mechanism – any Collibra accelerator can integrate by invoking a single workflow in the Gitlab accelerator.
- Real-time status updates in Collibra Assets (Project, API, ML Model)
- Provides auto-notification of Asset status to stakeholders.
Please send your questions directly to the vendor via: