Tableau is business intelligence software that helps people see and understand their data. With the integration in Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud, you can see metadata from Tableau Server and Tableau Online in Collibra Data Catalog. The Tableau integration uses the lineage harvester framework to ingest and stitch the Tableau metadata.
This Tableau integration has the following advantages compared to the native Catalog Tableau integration:
- Support for:
- GZIP content.
- Embedded data sources, in addition to published data sources.
- Custom SQL queries within Tableau Reports.
- Token based authentication
- Most Unions and Joins
- Tableau credentials are no longer stored in the cloud
- Automatic stitching.
- Technical lineage, in addition to business lineage.
- TDA and TDS ingestion with Explorer role instead of Admin (Tableau Data Management Add-on license required)
The Tableau integration via the lineage harvester is only available for Cloud users.
- You can now use the lineage harvester to ingest and stitch Tableau metadata.
- Migration script coming soon.
- Want to learn how to do this in practice? Please visit the University tab here above.
- Tableau 2020.2 and newer
- Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud 2022.01 and newer
- Lineage Harvester 2022.02 and newer
- Java Runtime Environment 8
License and Usage Requirements
- Collibra Catalog
- BI integration
No previous versions of this listing is available.
Support and documentation is provided for all harvester integrations.
Create a support ticket.
Use of this integration requires the following licenses:
- Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud
- Data Catalog
- BI Integration
Please contact your sales representative or Customer Success Manager for more information.