Request Data Sets Access Workflow
When a user adds data sets to the data basket and then requests access to the data sets in the data basket, the ‘request data set access’ workflow is started. It does the following:
- The data basket is, in fact, an asset of asset type “Data Usage”, with the status ‘candidate’.
- When starting the workflow, the name of the data basket is changed to an auto-generated name and the status is set to ‘approval pending’
- A workflow form is shown where the user is asked to specify the following information:
- the purpose of the access request.
- the start date (by which date is the data needed).
- the end date (until which date is the data needed).
- The user that is requesting access is assigned the requester role for the data usage asset.
- The owners of all data elements that are in the basket get a task to approve the access request (‘voting sub-process’ workflow):
- If one of the owners rejects the access request, the status of the data usage asset is set to ‘rejected’.
- If all the owners approve the request, the workflow continues.
- Access request is approved and all the technical stewards get a task to provide the requested data to the requester.
- The requester is notified that access has been approved and granted.
Request Data Sets access workflow
Collibra DGC 5.x
No previous versions of this listing is available.
This item has been published in the Solution Lab section of Collibra Marketplace. You may download and use this item free of charge. However, Collibra does not warranty or provide support for this item. Items in Solution Lab are shared with the wider data citizen community to stimulate the use and implementation of the Collibra platform. Also note that there is no commitment or agreement that the items in this section will be maintained or updated with new versions of the Collibra platform, Collibra Connect or any third party technology.
Check out the #developers channel on datacitizen.slack.com and connect with the community of the Collibra Marketplace developers.