When a user adds data sets to the data basket and then requests access to the data sets in the data basket, the ‘request data set access’ workflow is started. It does the following:
- The data basket is, in fact, an asset of asset type “Data Usage”, with the status ‘candidate’.
- When starting the workflow, the name of the data basket is changed to an auto-generated name and the status is set to ‘approval pending’
- A workflow form is shown where the user is asked to specify the following information:
- the purpose of the access request.
- the start date (by which date is the data needed).
- the end date (until which date is the data needed).
- The user that is requesting access is assigned the requester role for the data usage asset.
- The owners of all data elements that are in the basket get a task to approve the access request (‘voting sub-process’ workflow):
- If one of the owners rejects the access request, the status of the data usage asset is set to ‘rejected’.
- If all the owners approve the request, the workflow continues.
- Access request is approved and all the technical stewards get a task to provide the requested data to the requester.
- The requester is notified that access has been approved and granted.
Request Data Sets access workflow
- Collibra Platform 5.7 and newer
License and Usage Requirements
- Collibra Catalog
No previous versions of this listing is available.