Many organizations struggle with a lack of confidence in their BI reports. Collibra helps organizations establish confidence in their reporting by providing visibility and access to consistent and trusted reports across various teams in one location. With Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud:
- Data stewards and owners can certify reports and metrics to empower the business with trusted and reliable analytics.
- Analysts can deliver insights with confidence, backed by consistent and certified data, to accelerate trusted business outcomes.
- BI executives can confidently consume and share analytics by using Collibra to surface and collaborate on certified BI dashboards and reports.
Collibra’s prescriptive approach towards establishing trusted BI reports helps organizations that use Tableau quickly establish a framework for governing reports sourced from Snowflake, RedShift or SQLServer data sets. To help you get started, we’ve included key Collibra product components in this packaged solution for trusted business reporting.
Report certification workflow:
Included are prepared templates that you can use to configure a workflow to certify reports at three levels, using criteria such as:
- Confirm ownership or suggest alternative ownership
- Confirm or edit the description of the report
- Confirm that all metrics are certified
- Verify lineage between the Tableau report and the data source
- Check the data quality
- Record the outcome of the certification process, including the certification level attained: Bronze, Silver or Gold
Report certification dashboard:
In addition, this package includes a starter dashboard that can be used to view certified reports and related information in one place. The dashboard can be configured to meet your specific needs.
Please note that this package does not include drivers to connect to and register data sources. You will need your own Collibra-provided certified JDBC driver for the data source.
Collibra offers a Professional Services accelerator that you can purchase if you’d like assistance. And, if you have a coaching contract you can book a Data Governance best practices session to review any questions or contact your Collibra representative for more information.
v0.8 and initial release of the Trusted Business Reporting (TBR) package.
We are eager to hear your feedback as we mature this solution in the near term. Please leave any feedback in our Data Citizens Community dedicated forum.
- Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud 2021.03.2 and newer
- RedShift (1.0.10393)
- SQLServer (12.0.4422.0)
- Tableau 2020.2 or newer
- Jdbc connector for data source
- Jobserver for Tableau if on-prem
License and Usage Requirements
- Collibra Catalog
- Metadata Connector
No previous versions of this listing is available.
This accelerator is free of charge.
Collibra however offers a Professional Services accelerator that you can purchase if you’d like assistance. And, if you have a coaching contract you can book a Data Governance best practices session to review any questions or contact your Collibra representative for more information.