Safyr Extractor/Browser for Salesforce metadata
This product will be of value if you are evaluating or implementing Collibra and need to provision metadata from your Salesforce or Force based applications into the Data Catalog. It will save time and cost when compared with traditional methods of achieving this and also improve accuracy.
The Safyr Salesforce Connector for Collibra Data Catalog works with any Salesforce or Force based system.
It is especially beneficial for Salesforce customers who have customised their application quite considerably, purchased applications from the AppExchange or built their own systems using the Force platform.
Safyr is particularly useful when you need to understand and use Salesforce metadata in Collibra Data Catalog.
Associated use cases can include
- Comparing 2 Salesforce instances for change control and data management purposes in connection with the Data Catalog.
- Expose your Salesforce metadata to those, including new starters or Collibra implementers, who need to be able to understand and use it quickly in Data Catalog.
Safyr Salesforce Connector for Collibra Data Catalog will help you to solve the top three challenges you may face when trying to work with and provision Salesforce metadata in Collibra.
- Metadata discovery– Whilst the metadata in Salesforce is easily accessible for review and searching, it cannot be exported to other platforms using traditional tools (e.g. Schema Builder or Eclipse IDE).In addition if you have added applications by developing them in house, purchasing them from the AppExchange or made a significant level of customisations then it is important to be able access the increased quantity of metadata and make use of it.
- Metadata analysis and scoping – There are some tools, including those above which can be used to look at the Salesforce metadata as it stands in the application.The problem is that they have no mechanisms to create and save subsets of the metadata which is vital if you are working with a large quantity of Salesforce metadata. It is possible that you do not need all of your Salesforce metadata in Collibra so being able to split off the tables and related tables which are relevant is important. Even if you do want to be able to provision all your Salesforce metadata into Collibra Data Catalog the most effective way to work with large quantities of metadata is to be able to subset it into meaningful areas.
- Delivering metadata to Collibra Data Catalog– The next challenge is to find a way to get that metadata in Collibra Data Catalog quickly, easily and most importantly accurately.Eclipse and Schema Builder do not support this capability.
How the Safyr Salesforce Connector for Collibra Data Catalog help you to meet those challenges
- Metadata discovery– the Safyr Salesforce Connector uses the Salesforce WSDL API to connect to the Salesforce system and extracts its metadata including customisations and stores it in a Safyr repository.The metadata extracted includes technical and business names for tables and columns. It also includes relationships between tables as well as a table row count.
- Metadata scoping and analysis– the Safyr Salesforce Connector provides a range of search, navigation and analysis capabilities to allow those who are not Salesforce specialists to make sense of the Salesforce data landscape quickly identify the most relevant table sand related tables needed.The results of this analysis are saved in Safyr Subject Areas ready for use with Collibra.
- Metadata delivery– the Safyr Salesforce Connector includes an interface to Collibra Data Catalog. Relevant Subject Areas are selected for export to the Data Catalog and Safyr then automatically delivers these to Collibra.