Safyr Extractor/Browser for Oracle JD Edwards Metadata
This product will be of value if you are evaluating or implementing Collibra and need to provision metadata from your JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system into the Data Catalog. It will save time and cost when compared with traditional methods of achieving this and also improve accuracy.
The Safyr JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for Collibra Data Catalog works with any JD Edwards EnterpriseOne from Xe and above.
Safyr JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Connector for Collibra Data Catalog will help you to solve the three main challenges presented by JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
- Metadata discovery– the rich metadata in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (business names and descriptions, relationships between tables etc.) is not available in the database system catalog. This means that scanning the database for table and column names and other useful metadata is not of any value.The metadata resides in a series of data dictionary tables in the application layer of the application. In addition most JD Edwards EnterpriseOne implementations have been heavily customised to reflect the particular needs of the customer. This also means that approaches to metadata discovery using reference models or templates are of only limited value because it is difficult to identify what has been added or changed. Therefore it is important to get the metadata for Collibra Data Catalog from the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system’s data dictionary tables as implemented.
- Metadata analysis and scoping – The size of the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne data model is presents a significant challenge for anyone wanting to identify which metadata is required for the Collibra Data Catalog.A typical JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system may have over 4,000 tables and thousands of attributes. It is unlikely that you will need to import all 4,000 tables worth of metadata into Data Catalog so it is important to be able to quickly and easily identify those that are relevant.Even if you were able to query the contents of the data dictionary tables and say, load them into a spreadsheet, trying to navigate and search that to find what you need would be a significant challenge especially when trying to find tables and their related tables.
- Delivering metadata to Collibra Data Catalog– The next challenge is to find a way to get that metadata in Collibra Data Catalog quickly, easily and most importantly accurately.
How the Safyr JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Connector for Collibra Data Catalog help you to meet those challenges
- Metadata discovery– the Safyr JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Connector attaches to the target system and queries the data dictionary tables. From these it extracts the metadata including customisations and stores it in a Safyr repository. Metadata extracted includes technical and business names for tables, columns, views etc. From this information Safyr is able to identify all relationships between tables and build a searchable application hierarchy.
- Metadata scoping and analysis– the Safyr JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Connector provides a range of search, navigation and analysis capabilities to allow those who are not JD Edwards EnterpriseOne specialists to make sense of the JD Edwards data landscape quickly identify the most relevant table sand related tables needed. The results of this analysis are saved in Safyr Subject Areas ready for use with Collibra.
- Metadata delivery– the Safyr JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Connector includes an interface to Collibra Data Catalog. Relevant Subject Areas are selected for export to the Data Catalog and Safyr then automatically delivers these to Collibra.