Safyr Extractor/Browser for Oracle eBusiness Suite metadata
This product will be of value if you are evaluating or implementing Collibra and need to provision metadata from your Oracle eBusiness Suite system into the Data Catalog. It will save time and cost when compared with traditional methods of achieving this and also improve accuracy.
The Safyr Oracle eBusiness Suite Connector for Collibra Data Catalog works with any eBusiness Suite application from Version 11 and above.
Safyr Oracle eBusiness Suite Connector for Collibra Data Catalog will help you to solve the three main challenges presented by SAP Business Suite.
- Metadata discovery– the rich metadata in Oracle eBusiness Suite (business names and descriptions, relationships between tables etc.) is not available in the database system catalog.This means that using standard database scanning tools for table and column names and other useful metadata is not of any value. The worthwhile metadata actually resides in a series of data dictionary tables.In addition most Oracle eBusiness Suite implementations have been heavily customised to reflect the particular needs of the customer.This also means that approaches to metadata discovery using reference models or templates are of only limited value because it is difficult to identify what has been added or changed to the system as installed.It is important therefore to get the metadata for Collibra Data Catalog from the Oracle eBusiness Suite system’s data dictionary tables as implemented.
- Metadata analysis and scoping – The size of the Oracle eBusiness Suite data model presents a significant challenge for anyone wanting to identify which metadata is required for the Collibra Data Catalog. A typical system may have over 20,000 tables and perhaps 500,000 attributes.It is unlikely that you will need to import all 20,000 tables worth of metadata into Data Catalog so it is important to be able to quickly and easily identify those that are relevant. Even if you were able to query the contents of the data dictionary tables and say, load them into a spreadsheet trying to navigate and search that to find what you need would be a significant challenge especially when try to find tables and their related tables.
- Delivering metadata to Collibra Data Catalog– The next challenge is to find a way to get that metadata in Collibra Data Catalog quickly, easily and most importantly accurately.
How the Safyr SAP Connector for Collibra Data Catalog help you to meet those challenges
- Metadata discovery– the Safyr Oracle eBusiness Connector attaches to the target system and queries the data dictionary tables. From these it extracts the metadata including customisations and stores it in a Safyr repository.Metadata extracted includes technical and business names for tables and columns. From this information Safyr is able to identify all relationships between tables and build a searchable application hierarchy.
- Metadata scoping and analysis– the Safyr Oracle eBusiness Connector provides a range of search, navigation and analysis capabilities to allow those who are not Oracle eBusiness Suite specialists to make sense of the application’s data landscape quickly identify the most relevant table sand related tables needed. The results of this analysis are saved in Safyr Subject Areas ready for use with Collibra.
- Metadata delivery– the Safyr Oracle eBusiness Connector includes an interface to Collibra Data Catalog. Relevant Subject Areas are selected for export to the Data Catalog and Safyr then automatically delivers these to Collibra.