Safyr Extractor/Browser for Microsoft Dynamics CRM metadata
This product will be of value if you are evaluating or implementing Collibra and need to provision metadata from your Microsoft Dynamics CRM system into the Data Catalog. It will save time and cost when compared with traditional methods of achieving this and also improve accuracy.
The Safyr Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Collibra Data Catalog works with any Microsoft Dynamics CRM systems. These include:
Safyr Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Collibra Data Catalog will help you to solve the three main challenges presented by Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Metadata discovery– the rich metadata in Microsoft Dynamics CRM (business names and descriptions, relationships between tables etc.) is not available in the database system catalog.This means that scanning the database for table and column names and other useful metadata is not of any value. The metadata resides in a series of data dictionary tables in the application layer of the application.In addition most Dynamics CRM implementations have been heavily customised to reflect the particular needs of the customer. This also means that approaches to metadata discovery using reference models or templates are of only limited value because it is difficult to identify what has been added or changed. It is important therefore to get the metadata for Collibra Data Catalog from the Dynamics CRM system’s data dictionary tables as implemented.
- Metadata analysis and scoping – The size of the Dynamics CRM data model is presents a challenge for anyone wanting to identify which metadata is required for the Collibra Data Catalog. A typical system may have over 4000 tables and thousands of attributes.It is unlikely that you will need to import metadata from all the tables into your Data Catalog so it is important to be able to quickly and easily identify those that are relevant. Even if you were able to query the contents of the data dictionary tables and say, load them into a spreadsheet trying to navigate and search that to find what you need would be a significant challenge especially when try to find tables and their related tables.
- Delivering metadata to Collibra Data Catalog– The next challenge is to find a way to get that metadata in Collibra Data Catalog quickly, easily and most importantly accurately.
How the Safyr Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Collibra Data Catalog help you to meet those challenges
- Metadata discovery– the Safyr Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector attaches to the target system and queries the data dictionary tables. From these it extracts the metadata including customisations and stores it in a Safyr repository. Metadata extracted includes technical and business names for tables, columns, views etc.
- Metadata scoping and analysis– the Safyr Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector provides a range of search, navigation and analysis capabilities to allow those who are not APPLICATION specialists to make sense of the Dynamics CRM data landscape quickly identify the most relevant table sand related tables needed. The results of this analysis are saved in Safyr Subject Areas ready for use with Collibra.
- Metadata delivery– the Safyr Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector includes an interface to Collibra Data Catalog. Relevant Subject Areas are selected for export to the Data Catalog and Safyr then automatically delivers these to Collibra.