PowerBI Metadata to Collibra
Lucid’s Collibra Power BI Integration template loads the Power BI metadata into Collibra DGC. The Power BI REST APIs as well as .pbix archive are used to extract the Power BI assets like Workspace, Dashboard, Report, Report Pages, Report attributes etc. and the relations supporting them. It supports both Power BI service (Cloud) and Power BI Report Server (On-prem).
Some key features:
- Detailed metadata from Dashboards and Reports are extracted by parsing the Power BI (.pbix) archive
- Asset extraction can be filtered based on Workspace, Dashboard and Report in Power BI Service
- Asset extraction can be filtered based on Folder and Report in Power BI Report Server
- Target community in DGC for loading the assets can be specified
- Source metadata is mapped to DGC asset types as indicated in the diagram below
- Modification and Delete of the source (Power BI) objects are automatically captured and can be used to trigger actions in DGC such as asset status change, asset management workflows, etc.
- Support for full load and incremental load. Incremental loads can load changes since the last successful execution or from a specific date passed as a parameter
- Metadata loads can be scheduled or triggered on-demand
- Connectivity Check template available for environment verification
- Support for Mule clusters