When business rules and data quality rules are specified, reviewed, and agreed upon in Collibra, some of these rules may be implemented against actual systems. A technical steward may take an agreed upon rule and implement a rule, which may be executed against the actual data in applications to check the level of compliance with that rule. In Collibra, it will then be interesting to get back some results from those checks. For instance, how many data rows passed the rule, how many failed the rule. In some occasions, we may even be able to measure the cost of a rule failing by aggregating transaction amounts, etc. Such results will then be available in Collibra where they can be used in various different contexts e.g. to show the level of quality of a data set, report, data category, etc.
Here are some of the areas where this accelerator and the data quality integration in general may be useful to your organization:
- Enabling business process owners to be involved in the data quality process around the data that they own.
- Establishing a robust data quality process regardless of the systems that are used. It is not uncommon that multiple applications are used to check data quality. This template provides a common interface for multiple data quality systems to publish a unified set of results.
- Facilitating consistent data quality checks across the flow of data and display them in data lineage diagrams, next to data sets, etc.
- Regulatory compliance requirements impose certain rules around setting up controls around the supply chain processes of data. Data quality may be a way to automate some of those controls. Regulations such as BCBS 239, CCAR, COREP, Solvency II, etc.
- Raising awareness around the costs and risks associated with bad data quality.
- Data quality rules that are not complied with would generate data issues, which the data office can properly prioritize and manage in Collibra, given their business impact, as well as associated risk and cost to the organization.
- Community admins can set up data quality dashboards to measure the level of compliance with relevant business and data quality rules.
- Collibra Developers can use this accelerator to build integrations with a particular data quality tool, considerably faster.
Initial release as Data Quality to Collibra DGC DQ result consumer.
- Collibra Cloud
- Collibra 5.7
- Collibra Platform Connector 1.2.0
License and Usage Requirements
- Collibra Connect
- Collibra Stewardship
- Collibra Policy Manager