Lucid’s Collibra-Cognos metadata integration template loads IBM Cognos metadata into Collibra DGC. Metadata for Cognos reports/models and the relations supporting them are read using the APIs from Cognos SDK. The metadata for Powerplay Transformer Cubes is read from. mdl files.
Some key features:
- Detailed Report attribute level metadata for Cognos Reports are loaded
- The template can push definitions from Collibra back to the Cognos Framework manager model as Description or Screen tip
- Asset extraction can be filtered based on the Cognos server, specific content manager folder path and model name
- Target community in DGC for loading the assets can be specified
- Source metadata is mapped to DGC asset types as indicated in the diagram below
- Modification and Delete of the source (Cognos) metadata are automatically captured and can be used to trigger actions in DGC such as asset status change, asset management workflows, etc.
- Support for full load and incremental load. Incremental loads can load changes since the last successful execution or from a specific date passed as a parameter
- Metadata loads can be scheduled or triggered on-demand
- Connectivity check template available for environment verification
- Optimization of the stitching logic between the framework model’s physical layer with the underlying data source
New features and improvements:
- Introduced 2 new attributes to indicate Last Modified in Source and Last Modified in DGC
New features and improvements:
• Alignment to Collibra Catalog asset nomenclature (including Full Name and Display Name)
• Support for Folder Shortcuts
• The Cognos template loads the metadata of the following Cognos assets into Collibra DGC:
o Cognos Reports, Report Layouts, Report attributes, Report-level Filters and Sorts
o Query Subjects and Query Items
o Framework model elements
o Powerplay Transformer cubes
o Relation from the Cognos metadata to the physical data sources as captured from Cognos are loaded. The actual metadata of these data sources must be separately loaded using Catalog or Lucid’s database template
• Support for Writeback from Collibra DGC to Cognos:
o Ability to push definitions from Business Terms linked to Framework model assets loaded in Collibra back to the Cognos Framework manager model as Description or Screen tip
The following are the pre-requisites required for this integration, with the product versions currently supported:
- Collibra Data Governance Centre v5.4.x, v5.5.x (up to 5.5.3)
- Collibra Connect with DGC Connector version 1.4.2 (Mule runtime version 3.8.3 and 3.9.1)
- Access to Postgres Database (with server version 9.6), require an empty schema with privileges to drop and create tables
- Metamodel Merge tool (included in the deployment kit)
- Collibra Connect
- License file for Collibra Cognos integration (from Lucid)
No previous versions of this listing is available.
This listing is directly supported by Lucid Technologies, please use our tool to submit a support request.
Lucid’s Cognos metadata integration is provided on an Annual subscription.
Subscription Fee to use the license is payable annually in advance, subject to the terms and conditions of the License Agreement between the client and Lucid